It’s up to sales and marketing to figure out what kind of content they need to close a deal. Marketing needs to make sure sales gather information that will help them develop ROI-driven content.
Then again, we see that this doesn’t seem to be the case in many businesses.
There are many ways to do content marketing, and one of them is to try to get high rankings on Google with content that only explains what a concept is. Have you researched to find out if the people who make the decisions are looking for that? To find out what they want and why. They may be looking for resources that match their personality and job.
We think it’s safe to say that most people look for problems or questions, not buzzwords from the business world.
It’s not the only way great content can help a brand, but it is one of the ways.
It also makes your product more valuable to customers and less risky to spend time and money on.
The prospect will have less faith in the product if they have to figure out how to get an ROI on their own. It will also take them a lot of time and energy to do that. That’s time and energy they’re taking away from their business to do something that may or may not work.
Most of the time, it’s like gambling.
It’s less likely that someone will move up to a paid tier or keep using the free version of your product if you don’t show them how to get value from it. That value is usually specific to the product or industry.
It’s not just about the features and how to use them. It’s also about how to get the most out of them.
Informative and insightful content can help people get over many of their doubts and give them more faith in your product for their problems, needs, and goals.
We understand that it’s hard to get two departments to work together to make a prospect happy or keep or upsell customers.
- You should hire people who love it to write about why they like it instead of people who are “influencers.”
Isn’t it true that they may only have a few followers on social media? But they’re usually very important in their communities, so they can give you a lot of information about how your company can be found and how to close sales. You can use their ideas for whitepapers, blog posts, knowledge base content, and many other types of content that people read when they decide on a company. Sales and marketing can share that information.
It’s a good idea to write content specific to certain personas, goals, and industries then put it in a knowledge base.
- People who answer your questions can help you build a knowledge base. Then you can set up workflows for the chatbot to show that content based on how the user responds to your questions. People like content that shows them how to get the most out of a product, and you don’t always need a real person to help them learn.
- Personalize demos and calls to find out more.
They need to know what questions to ask to get information from a prospect, but they often don’t. What if you took the time to fill out a form about their persona and industry before the call and then came up with ROI-based suggestions that were more relevant to them?
- Make sure to keep an eye on how things change in the data. Instead of just collecting data, make it useful. If you want to learn more about your customers, you need to transform your data into something that other departments can use to figure out what content marketing can change how your customers act. When the third month of a subscription comes around, does it show a lot less upsells in certain industries? In and of itself, that isn’t very useful information, but it makes you think about what will help sales.
- Other departments should be told about what you do.If you work as a marketer, you might forget that other departments and consultants don’t always understand how helpful and informative content helps sales. If you aren’t a marketer, you might think that content’s only job is to get people to buy something. Not at all.
It’s important to explain why you need something from another department, how it works, and what you need. What if the marketing department could hold a seminar for the sales team so that they could see what you mean?
In today’s world, where many people work from home, there are many ways to connect departments online. A lot of things are already in place to help you. What you need now are the skills to use it.